Northwestern Bank

NB Timeline

Northwestern Bank - 100+ Year History

Previous Next
  • Timeline

    In 1883, Daniel E. Seymour erected a brick structure on the corner of Central and Bridge Streets, known as the "Seymour Bank". The panic of 1893 forced the bank to close its doors.

  • Timeline

    In 1904, Mr. P.T. Favell organized what would be known as "Northwestern State Bank". It opened its doors for the first time July 20, 1904, at the site of the old Seymour Bank on the corner of Bridge and Central Street. There were three officers on staff and had resources totaling $139,594.

  • Timeline

    1924 brought about the demolition of the old Seymour Bank, to make way for an expanded Northwestern State Bank. The new facility was completed in January 1925 on the same site. By the 25th Anniversary in 1929, the bank had 5 Officers, 5 employees and resources of $1,205,915.00.

  • Timeline

    In 1935, the Cornell Branch was established and built.

  • Timeline

    In 1953, the Cornell Branch was expanded and remodeled with a Grand Re-opening in May. Further expansion was completed later in 1992.

  • Timeline

    1962 brought about an extensive expansion and remodeling of the same building to make a modern three-story home for Northwestern State Bank. By this time, the staff had grown to 7 Officers and 20 employees. The assets, too, had grown to $12,667,128.00.

    This was also the year the first Drive-Up was built in Chippewa County.

  • Timeline

    1967 was the year the Lafayette branch was established and built.

  • Timeline

    The early 1970s brought about the removal of the word "State" from the bank's name. This move gave us "Northwestern Bank" as we know it today.

  • Timeline

    In October of 1983, the Drive-Up in Chippewa expanded to 6 lanes, including a 24 hour drive thru ATM.

  • Timeline

    1989 was the beginning of the latest expansion of Northwestern Bank's main facility, with a Grand Opening held April 1991. This expansion more than doubled the size of the bank and gave it the grand structure of today.

  • Timeline

    In January of 1993, the Lafayette branch was rebuilt and expanded in connection with Gordy's IGA.

  • Timeline

    By July 1994, to celebrate the 90th Anniversary, the bank had a total of 16 Officers and 58 employees, 4 branches, a drive-up facility and assets of $143,000,000.00. Also, in 1994, Northwestern Bank was highly honored to have William S. Pickerign, President, elected to the Federal Reserve Board of Directors.

    In October of this year, a new Thorp branch was built and expanded, including a unique horse barn.

  • Timeline

    In May of 1999, the Boyd branch was purchased, bringing a locally owned, community bank back to the Boyd area.

  • Timeline

    After successful completion of the Y2K transition entering the year 2000, Northwestern Bank closed 2000 with assets of $215,754,854.00, a staff of 17 Officers, 63 employees, and 5 branches.

  • Timeline

    In October of 2003, the Eau Claire branch was established.

  • Timeline

    Celebrating the 100th Anniversary in 2004, Northwestern employed 17 Officers and 73 employees. The bank had 5 branches, a drive-up facility and assets of $260,000,000.00.

  • Timeline

    2014 - We have reached our 110th Anniversary this year and have celebrated many successes over the past ten years. Northwestern Bank currently employs 18 Officers and 69 employees with assets now totaling $380,000,000. The Bank serves the communities of Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Boyd, Thorp, Cornell & Lafayette. Our Lafayette & Thorp branches have been remodeled and improvements have been made to our Chippewa Falls drive-up. We look forward to being your Bank for many more years.

1883

Timeline

In 1883, Daniel E. Seymour erected a brick structure on the corner of Central and Bridge Streets, known as the "Seymour Bank". The panic of 1893 forced the bank to close its doors.

1904

Timeline

In 1904, Mr. P.T. Favell organized what would be known as "Northwestern State Bank". It opened its doors for the first time July 20, 1904, at the site of the old Seymour Bank on the corner of Bridge and Central Street. There were three officers on staff and had resources totaling $139,594.

1924

Timeline

1924 brought about the demolition of the old Seymour Bank, to make way for an expanded Northwestern State Bank. The new facility was completed in January 1925 on the same site. By the 25th Anniversary in 1929, the bank had 5 Officers, 5 employees and resources of $1,205,915.00.

1935

Timeline

In 1935, the Cornell Branch was established and built.

1953

Timeline

In 1953, the Cornell Branch was expanded and remodeled with a Grand Re-opening in May. Further expansion was completed later in 1992.

1962

Timeline

1962 brought about an extensive expansion and remodeling of the same building to make a modern three-story home for Northwestern State Bank. By this time, the staff had grown to 7 Officers and 20 employees. The assets, too, had grown to $12,667,128.00.

This was also the year the first Drive-Up was built in Chippewa County.

1967

Timeline

1967 was the year the Lafayette branch was established and built.

1970

Timeline

The early 1970s brought about the removal of the word "State" from the bank's name. This move gave us "Northwestern Bank" as we know it today.

1983

Timeline

In October of 1983, the Drive-Up in Chippewa expanded to 6 lanes, including a 24 hour drive thru ATM.

1989

Timeline

1989 was the beginning of the latest expansion of Northwestern Bank's main facility, with a Grand Opening held April 1991. This expansion more than doubled the size of the bank and gave it the grand structure of today.

1993

Timeline

In January of 1993, the Lafayette branch was rebuilt and expanded in connection with Gordy's IGA.

1994

Timeline

By July 1994, to celebrate the 90th Anniversary, the bank had a total of 16 Officers and 58 employees, 4 branches, a drive-up facility and assets of $143,000,000.00. Also, in 1994, Northwestern Bank was highly honored to have William S. Pickerign, President, elected to the Federal Reserve Board of Directors.

In October of this year, a new Thorp branch was built and expanded, including a unique horse barn.

1999

Timeline

In May of 1999, the Boyd branch was purchased, bringing a locally owned, community bank back to the Boyd area.

2000

Timeline

After successful completion of the Y2K transition entering the year 2000, Northwestern Bank closed 2000 with assets of $215,754,854.00, a staff of 17 Officers, 63 employees, and 5 branches.

2003

Timeline

In October of 2003, the Eau Claire branch was established.

2004

Timeline

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary in 2004, Northwestern employed 17 Officers and 73 employees. The bank had 5 branches, a drive-up facility and assets of $260,000,000.00.

2014

Timeline

2014 - We have reached our 110th Anniversary this year and have celebrated many successes over the past ten years. Northwestern Bank currently employs 18 Officers and 69 employees with assets now totaling $380,000,000. The Bank serves the communities of Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Boyd, Thorp, Cornell & Lafayette. Our Lafayette & Thorp branches have been remodeled and improvements have been made to our Chippewa Falls drive-up. We look forward to being your Bank for many more years.